Wednesday 15 August 2012

Brisbane

We have just arrived in Brisbane and are on the train to Sandgate where we will meet Sian and the girls-very exciting! It finally feels like we are abroad..it's about 25° and only 9am! Haven't felt warmth like that on my arms yet!
I'm so looking forward to putting some shorts on...tho unpacking is going to be a bit of a drama (though not quite as much as packing!) So perhaps the body board wasn't the best thought-out idea, I didn't realise that it wasn't just weight they were taking into account on domestic fights (it weighs next to nothing!) but you are also only allowed one piece of checked-in baggage unless you pay $20 for another. However, where there's a will there's a way, and there was no shortage of will! Luckily we were allowed two pieces of 7kg carry-on so I stuffed and I squeezed and I put socks in every crevice until everything fitted into two small hand luggage bags and the board went into my big back pack with lots of tape around the top and a few heavy items in the zip compartment which usually just zips in the arm straps for neatness. Phew, it was exhausting but a small miracle. I did still have to give Becky a few items but I am mostly self contained. She's carrying all the food but if I'd been on my own I'd have had to abandon that.
Anyway, three more stops, I must go. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment